Experience the attacker’s mindset and prepare your IT system defense
Hands-on Hacking Essentials is an eye-opening training for IT specialists, system administrators and security practitioners, a much needed “shock therapy” for most.
Training duration: 2 days of pure hacking and feeling ”1337”
Group size: 12 participants maximum
Trainers: rotates in trainings
- Karl Kristjan Raik (in English) 25.-26.9.2018
- James Dodd (in English)
- Taavi Sonets (in English)
The main differences between hacking and penetration testing are the intent and (imposed) limitations. Therefore, the idea behind this training is to see practical information security from the attacker’s or ”opposing teams’ point of view and to deliver first-hand experience or running attacks.
Although this training is highly technical and extensively hands-on, all scenarios are built so that with the help of hints or even full HOWTO’s from the scoring server, everyone can complete all exercises regardless of prior 1337 skills or experience level with various operating system.
Everyone will walk through the phases of an attack until successfully 0wning various systems and services. There are plenty of attack scenarios to play through and to complete scored objectives. Since the expected participants’ skill and experience level is varying to a large degree, we cover a mix of *nix and Windows world and focus on explaining key concepts and on showing real attacks even to those who have never compiled or launched any exploits before.
Trainers will engage participants with lectures, live attack demonstrations and practical examples followed by individual hands-on exercise scenarios. Training is interactive, practical, and besides active participation also full of attack stories that help to change the perspective and understanding of real life security threats.
Ilmoittautuminen ja aamukahvi
- Kali Linux intro (participant’s attack platform)
- Reconnaissance and information gathering
- Targets (a mix of Windows and Linux workstations and servers)
Essential attack phases, concepts attack vectors and tools
- Remote exploitation attacks
- Privilege escalation attacks
- Attack tool-sets and attack automation (incl. Metasploit Framework and meterpreter)
- ”Jumping the (fire)wall” with targeted client-side attacks
Ensimmäinen koulutuspäivä päättyy
Ilmoittautuminen ja aamukahvi
Putting it all together in one training scenario
„Network Takeover” scenario with Kali Linux and Armitage
- „Network Takeover” scenario with Kali Linux and Armitage – a whole day hands-on hacking scenario that walks participants through a small company network takeover scenario from an attacker’s perspective.
- Mostly Armitage along with other tools on Kali Linux will be used for attacking, making it easy to track and visualize how the victim network reveals itself as participants hack deeper into the network.
Training scenario continues
- A brief reconnaissance followed by a targeted client-side attack gains your foothold. Pivoting your attacks through the initial compromised workstation and following up with local privilege escalation, scanning, password hash dumping, pass-the-hash and other attacks will deliver you the rest of the subnet. Credential and additional information harvesting, traffic capturing, data ex-filtration, steganography tools, PHP shells and other trickery will be used to compromise the rest of the subnets to find and steal steal the intellectual property you are after. We will also explain weaknesses in Windows credential handling by using tools such as Mimikatz and WCE (fairly www.clarifiedsecurity.com/trainings/ email@example.com popular tools among APT attackers) to dump plain-text passwords from any Windows version. Towards the end you will also use AV evasion tools and techniques to defeat or bypass common defense tools.
- Your targets network consists of Windows 7, Windows XP and various Linux based firewall and server distributions.
- Feedback and training wrap-up
Seuraava koulutus 25.-26.9.2018
Koulutus järjestetään Taitotalon Kongressikeskuksessa, osoitteessa Valimotie 8, 00380 Helsinki. Katso koulutuspaikan sijainti ja saapumisohjeet
Hintaan lisätään alv 24 %. Hintaan sisältyvät sähköiset materiaalit, kahvit ja lounaat. Seminaarimaksun laskutamme ilmoittautumisen saatuamme.